Designer: Marcello Ziliani
Marcello Ziliani was born on 20th February 1963, under the sign of Pisces.
After scientific studies he graduated in architecture at the Politecnico of Milan (with Achille Castiglioni as reporter).
He is the owner of STUDIO ZETASS, an integrated structure dealing with product design, engineering, graphic design and design coordination and he avails himself of the collaboration of professionals, internal or connected to the structure, all provided with a vast background in the fields of their own specific competence.
He works on a national and international area, co-operating with leading firms in their own markets and supplying his consultancy to multinational groups.
The working philosophy of his Studio has always been marked by the search for a high quality projecting based on functional and performing contents and expressing, beyond fashions, a real intrinsic value and a formal not ephemeral content.
From 1993 to 1997 Marcello Ziliani was president of "ABC - incontri sul progetto", a cultural association dealing with the organization of meetings and workshops on "the project" subject.
In 1996 he was member of the jury of the competition "Young Italian Design" promoted by IKEA.
From 1997 to 1999 he was art-director of Salviati.
From December 2000 he is art-director of Zago-Tech Chairs.
- 5 Selections for the "COMPASSO D'ORO" ADI
- Selection for PRIX D'EXCELLENCE DE LA MAISON 1995
- TOP TEN prize 1996
- B! COME BAMBINO DESIGN Prize 1998
- Special mention for the PREMIO CONFORT & DESIGN 2000
- ADI DESIGN INDEX 2002
- 1994 L'ORGOGLIO DEL PROGETTO Spazio Magolfa - Milan.
- 1997 BAGNO SENZA CONFINI Spazio Quid - Milan.
- 1997 DESIGN UNDER 35 ADI - Milan.
- 1999 SEGNALI DI CIBO spazio Quid - Milan 2000 Fair Ambiente - Frankfurt.
- 2000 WANDERFUL WORLD Fair Expoconfort Milan
- 2003 100 SEDIE Material Connexion - Salone del Mobile Milan.